I always make too much mash, and then struggle to make something interesting with the leftovers (it usually gets turned into soup). Just wanted to share this with people like me! Very yummy, very easy - a good lunch or brunch or, well anytime really. The quantities are very rough - this is about what I used. Just use what you got. Bacon would make this dish supreme...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat all ingredients together.
- 2Heat some oil in a skillet - aim for one which will allow your potato mix to fill it about 1-2" deep. Tip your mash mix in and level it out.
- 3Cook on medium heat until you can see from lifting the sides a bit that it's fairly brown underneath.
- 4Stick your skillet under a hot grill until the top of your, hmm, let's call it a pie, is lightly browned.
- 5Loosen the pie in the skillet, and tip it onto a plate. Eat! Goes nicely with some cherry tomatoes on the side.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Mashed Potato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.0
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 353.0 mg
- Sodium 922.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 21.5 g