Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
I always make too much mash, and then struggle to make something interesting with the leftovers (it usually gets turned into soup). Just wanted to share this with people like me! Very yummy, very easy - a good lunch or brunch or, well anytime really. The quantities are very rough - this is about what I used. Just use what you got. Bacon would make this dish supreme...
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt (my mash had gone a bit hard overnight, milk would work just as well)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- dried thyme, to taste
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic (Lots! I used minced from a jar, about 2 tbsp! I like garlic)
- Beat all ingredients together.
- Heat some oil in a skillet - aim for one which will allow your potato mix to fill it about 1-2" deep. Tip your mash mix in and level it out.
- Cook on medium heat until you can see from lifting the sides a bit that it's fairly brown underneath.
- Stick your skillet under a hot grill until the top of your, hmm, let's call it a pie, is lightly browned.
- Loosen the pie in the skillet, and tip it onto a plate. Eat! Goes nicely with some cherry tomatoes on the side.