Top Review by Paja
This was a nice light-tasting and healthy way to prepare leeks. I served them hot, but I bet they would make a nice cold dish as well. I'm not sure if cooking them in broth made much of a difference, so another time I might just cook them normally and then put the dressing overtop. Thank you, Dancer for a new and delicious way to make leeks!
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb leek, trimmed,cleaned,and halved
- 1 yellow peppers or 1 red pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 lemon, juice and pulp of
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour stock into a large skillet, add bay leaf, and bring to a simmer.
- Add leeks, cover and simmer until tender, about 9 to 10 minutes.
- Remove leeks from stock with a slotted spoon and arrange them on a serving platter, along with pepper strips.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and pulp, oil, tarragon, basil, garlic, and black pepper and whisk until combined.
- Sprinkle over leeks, then serve warm or chilled.