Recipe by Studentchef
From the website Welsh-Recipes-The-Real-Way.com. I'm always looking for vegetarian recipes to try.
- 450 g leeks, sliced and finely chopped
- 30 g butter
- 1 freshly-grated orange, zest of
- 6 teaspoons orange juice
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 360 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and fry the leeks for 2 minutes before adding the lemon juice and seasoning to taste.
- Put the lid on and allow the mixture to sweat gently for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the flour to the mixture and stir in thoroughly before adding the orange zest. Stir to combine, then gradually add the milk, stirring all the while.
- Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce to a simmer, allowing it to cook for 5 minutes more. Add the lemon juice and serve hot.