Recipe by Latchy
This is such a simple recipe that really goes nice with cold meat or fish. Preparation time includes 10 minutes cooling time.
- 5 leeks, trimmed
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons drained and rinsed baby capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the leeks in half lengthwise and rinse thoroughly under cold running water.
- Then cut the leeks into 5cm lengths and in half again lengthwise.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based fry pan and add the leeks and stir them until they are covered with the oil.
- Cover and cook them over a low heat for 15-20 minutes until they are soft and tender but don't let them burn or brown.
- Let them cool for about 10 minutes.
- Stir through the vinegar and season to taste with freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish and scatter the baby capers over.
- If you can't get baby capers you can use regular capers but they will need to be chopped.