Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Something to do with leeks and broccoli! I double the sauce. From Healthy Living.
- 450 leeks, washed and sliced
- salt and pepper
- 450 g broccoli florets
- 50 g sunflower margarine
- 50 g fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 300 g plain low-fat yogurt
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
- paprika, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350FGas Mark 4.
- Cook the leeks and broccoli seperately in a little boiling water for about five minutes. Drain well. Arrange the broccoli and leeks in an ovenproof dish.
- Melt 40 g of the margarine in a frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the breadcrumbs and fry until golden. Stir in the yoghurt, season to taste. Mix in half the cheese.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and dot with the margarine. Cook in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, then brown under a hot grill if wished. Serve immediately, sprinkled with paprika.
This was quite good. The bread crumbs did get a little mushy, maybe next time I will sprinkle some on top too for a little crunch.
Enjoyed. Served with roast chicken. The sauce was very different but not too yogurt-y tasting, pleasant with the cheese flavour. Thanx!