Here it is folks! First time ever in print! My Mom's famous hot chocolate sauce for ice cream sundaes. These are ingredients you more than likely always have on hand. Try this once and you will never buy store bought sauce again!
- Combine sugar, cocoa, and salt in small saucepan.
- Add enough water to make stirable consistency.
- Add butter to cocoa mixture.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Allow to boil for 1 minute, stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla.
- Serve warm over ice cream.
- Add sliced bananas and chopped walnuts if you really want a treat!
Excellent and easy! I added a whole tsp of pure vanilla for a richer flavor.
I'm giving this review based on the feedback from my kids and grandkids. I don't eat ice cream but they all love it and eat it pretty much daily! We use a bottled fudge sauce from an ice cream and candy shop in florida (at about $12 per 16 oz jar!!) as a topping because everyone thinks its the bomb - well, it just got replaced by Lee Lee creation!! Kids and adults alike were ooohing and awwwwing over this - my pregnant daughter in law was lapping it up by the spoonful! Thank you for sharing this one Bev - I have a feeling I'll be making it alot!
Very easy sundae sauce! I typically make my homemade sauce with chocolate and cocoa (or just chocolate), but as I was out of chocolate I thought I would give this a try. That was a good idea! The only change I made was to add 1/2 tsp of vanilla, instead of 1/4 tsp (I also used the full 2 tbsp of butter). This was easy to whip up and tasted great, served warm, over vanilla ice cream.