Top Review by Milissa-t
I made this last night for the second time. I used ground beef instead of lamb and omitted the onions both times. Served it over white rice and it was big hit with my hubby and kids. Thanks for the easy recipe!
- 2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cubed lamb
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes or 3 large ripe fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Clip stem ends off green beans.
- Cut in half and rinse in cold water.
- Brown lamb cubes and onions in butter, or a little water.
- Add green beans and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, spices, chopped tomatoes and water.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 55 minutes, or until done.
- Serve with rice pilaf with sauteed pine nuts.