Recipe by morgainegeiser
Oranges and onions are a popular combination in many Middle Eastern countries.
Top Review by UmmBinat
This was nice. I used organic oranges. I think this would be much better with organic carrots for some flavour! I used purple onion for colour, yellow raisins, canola oil to be soy free, freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus the water. I didn't let it sit so long. Served with recipe#387395 & recipe#200504 for a good meal. Made for RECIPE SWAP #64 - May 2012
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned, then cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup onion, cut into thin slices
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots, oranges and raisins.
- Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Spoon over carrot mixture. Mix well.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Mix before serving.
- Note: preparation time does not include chilling time.