Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oranges and onions are a popular combination in many Middle Eastern countries.
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned, then cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup onion, cut into thin slices
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots, oranges and raisins.
- Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Spoon over carrot mixture. Mix well.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Mix before serving.
- Note: preparation time does not include chilling time.
This was nice. I used organic oranges. I think this would be much better with organic carrots for some flavour! I used purple onion for colour, yellow raisins, canola oil to be soy free, freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus the water. I didn't let it sit so long. Served with Timman Z'affaran (Iraqi Saffron Rice With Meat) & Egyptian Garlic Yogurt Cucumber Salad for a good meal. Made for RECIPE SWAP #64 - May 2012
Delicious salad! My grandmother used to make carrot and raisin salad when I was young -- but this is so much better. Thanks for sharing this keeper. Made for ZWT6.
What a yummy salad. I made it round lunch time to eat for dinner tonight and must say the flavours really developed while it sat. I used 1 tablespoon of lemon infused olive oil and will reduce that further next time I make this. I gave the salad a good grinding of black pepper and a sprinkle of chopped fresh mint to serve.