1/2 Photos of Lazy Perogies
This recipe comes from a local newspaper.......very yummy! Note: Be sure to cook the noodles well, since they are not covered in sauce, and may dry out, also, cooking time does not include boiling the lasagna noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 lasagna noodles (not oven-ready)
- oil or melted butter
- 8 -10 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, chopped fine,and lightly sauteed
- salt and pepper
- 2 onions, coarsley chopped,and sauteed
- 1Preheat oven to 325; grease 9 x 13 pan.
- 2Boil lasagna noodles in salted water until tender (NOT al dente!) Drain well and brush with oil or melted butter on both sides to keep from drying out; set aside.
- 3Boil the potatoes; mash.
- 4Saute finely chopped onion until translucent.
- 5Mix the mashed potatoes with cheese, sauteed onions, salt and pepper.
- 6In prepared baking dish, place one layer of noodles, top with half of mashed potato mixture; repeat, ending with a final layer of noodles.
- 7Brush the final layer of noodles with oil or melted butter before covering with coarsely chopped sauteed onions.
- 8Bake for approximately 1/2 hour and serve hot with sour cream and fried bacon.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lazy Perogies
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 208.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 21.9 g