Recipe by Munchkin Mama
From Frozen Assets. I make my sauce with meat, then add it to the recipe as directed. Otherwise, this would be a meatless entree.
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups cream-style small curd cottage cheese (or ricotta)
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese (3 c.)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed small
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir oregano into spaghetti sauce.
- In 2 greased 10x6x2-inch dishes, make layers in the following order: half each of the noodles, cottage cheese, mozzarella, spaghetti sauce, parmesan cheese, and the whole 8 oz. cream cheese. Repeat, ending with the parmesan cheese. (Make sure the dry noodles are completely covered by sauce.) Wrap pans completely with foil, label, and freeze.
- To serve: Take out of freezer at least 24 hours prior to serving and place in refrigerator.
- When thawed, bake tightly covered at 350 for about 45 minutes or until edges are bubbly and center is hot. Take cover off during the final 10 minutes of cooking time and let stand 10 minutes before serving.