Recipe by lvandevoort
I got this recipe from my mom. It is very simple and easy to make. My family loves it.
Top Review by Karamia
Followed this recipe exactly, except omitted the mushrooms. This was wonderful! Very easy to make, I like that there was no boiling of the noodles. Next time I may add more spice to the meat sauce with some italian seasoning. Overall this made a great dinner that was very satisfying, thank you!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups V8 vegetable juice
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan brown ground beef, onion and garlic.
- Stir in juice, mushroom, tomato paste, and seasonings.
- Simmer 30 min, stirring occasionally (I put a splatter shield over my pan so that it will not make as big of a mess).
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a 9x13 pan, layer half of each uncooked noodles, meatsauce, cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minute
- Remove foil, bake for 15 more minute
- Let stand 15 min before serving.