Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from my mom. It is very simple and easy to make. My family loves it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups V8 vegetable juice
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan brown ground beef, onion and garlic.
- Stir in juice, mushroom, tomato paste, and seasonings.
- Simmer 30 min, stirring occasionally (I put a splatter shield over my pan so that it will not make as big of a mess).
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a 9x13 pan, layer half of each uncooked noodles, meatsauce, cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minute
- Remove foil, bake for 15 more minute
- Let stand 15 min before serving.
Followed this recipe exactly, except omitted the mushrooms. This was wonderful! Very easy to make, I like that there was no boiling of the noodles. Next time I may add more spice to the meat sauce with some italian seasoning. Overall this made a great dinner that was very satisfying, thank you!