Recipe by RN4IttyBits
Got this off another recipe site that I don't visit very often and I want to keep it. So, I am posting it. I haven't tried it, but it sounds very good. May or may not need tweaking.....let me know!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (cooked)
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 -5 garlic cloves (to taste, of course)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper (crushed) (optional)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (grated...more if you are from Wisconsin or a cheese lover)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated...see above regarding cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Mix cheeses together and set aside.
- Heat olive oil is a skillet. Add the onion, peppers and garlic and saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, basil, and crushed red pepper (if using). Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Mix squash well with cooked veggies and spread half in bottom of a 9x13 pan. Top with half the cheese mixture. Then spread the rest of the squash mixture and then end with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for30 minutes until cheese is bubbly and slightly golden. Let cool and set for 10-15 minutes before serving.