This is a gorgeous layered salad presented in a glass trifle bowl! As a side dish for your party, a little of this salad goes a long way in giving your guests a nutritious combination of fresh greens, oven roasted chicken, and a wonderful savory dressing. Also great for a lunch -or- as a main course for a light dinner. Would be lovely for Derby Day or Mother's Day. From Boar's Head via Kentucky Derby Party. Tip: To make this a vegetarian salad, you can easily replace the chicken chunks with cubes of cheese (such as cheddar or swiss) and/or hard-cooked eggs, and it is just as good. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups peeled mangoes, slices
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh fennel
- 2 cups mixed berries, of choice (blueberries and sliced strawberries)
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce
- 2 1/2 cups oven roasted chicken breast, cubed (Boar's Head)
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint, plus a sprig for garnish
- 2 cups mixed bite-size cubes honeydew and cantaloupes
- 1Whisk the dressing ingredients just until creamy,and set aside (tip: pour the dressing into a glass gravy boat for easy serving).
- 2Layer the salad in a glass bowl, such as a trifle bowl beginning with the Romaine lettuce.
- 3Follow with the mango, fennel, berries, red lettuce, chicken, mint, and melon.
- 4Drizzle the dressing over the top and crown with a sprig of mint.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.3
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.5 mg
- Sodium 75.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: