Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great salad and actually tastes better the next day!
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta or 12 ounces other medium pasta, shape
- 1⁄2 cup vinaigrette dressing
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Return to cooking pan and toss with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing.
- Transfer half of pasta to a clear glass bowl.
- Layer peas, tomatoes, mushrooms, and proscuitto on pasta.
- Top with remaining pasta.
- Sprinkle with basil and pour remaining dressing evenly over salad.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve at once or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Toss right before serving to evenly coat dressing.
I was just about to post this same recipe but am glad to see it's already here. So I will review it instead. I made this salad the night before and we took it to my brother's lakehouse. Travels well in an icechest. I used about 1/4 lb. proscuitto because I wanted more meat. It was very easy to assemble and the flavors blend nicely. Thanks for posting it.
I used Wishbone Zesty Italian dressing and had to use quite a bit more than 1/2 cup. I used 1/2 bottle! It was bland when I first tasted it after it chilled so I added salt, pepper and more dressing. I also used sliced pepperoni instead of proscuitto. It makes a very large bowl full of salad and is a nice change from the same old pasta salad.
I thought the taste was bland even the next day. I added some fresh savory and that helped