Recipe by Samantha in Ut
The crunch of the almonds and tang of the olives against the oranges is so refreshing.
Top Review by threeovens
This is a really great recipe if you like the combination of sweet and savory. The dressing and the oranges are sweet, while the olives are salty. The use of fresh parsley really makes the dish "pop". This would taste good no matter what flavor vinegar you used or which olives. Made for ZWT #5.
- 3 oranges, peeled, sliced
- 3 tablespoons almonds, chopped, toasted
- 3 tablespoons manzanilla olives or 3 tablespoons other green olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion