Recipe by sugarpea
Iceberg lettuce, Swiss cheese, peas, red onions and bacon. I know, another one, but it is just a little different than all the others.
- 3 cups red onions (1 large or 2 medium)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, broken into chunks
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, cooked,drained
- 1 cup swiss cheese, diced
- 1 ounce cooked bacon, crumbled (about 3 slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice onions thinly and separate into rings; place half of lettuce in salad bowl; spoon half of mayonnaise over lettuce.
- Add a layer of 1/3 of the onions; sprinkle with half the sugar, salt and pepper; add half the peas and cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with final 1/3 of the onion rings.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving; when ready to serve, sprinkle with crumbled bacon.