1/1 Photo of Layered Mexican Salad
2 hrs 10 mins
This is a delightful salad and the dressing is made with an avocado base, sour cream, green chilies, milk and minced garlic. It adds a zesty flavor without being too spicy for those who don't care for overpowering spicy taste. Cooking time is the chill time (2-24 hours)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 6 ounces frozen avocado dip, thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (I used mild)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (Can use more if you prefer. I used the jar kind)
- 2 cups coarsely crushed lay's Fritos corn chips (can use more if you desire)
- 1 1/2 cups alfalfa sprouts (to your taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can can refried beans
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1Layer in a glass large salad bowl: pinto beans, bean sprouts, tomatoes, sliced eggs, green onion, corn, garbanzo beans, olives, cheese.
- 2Add anything else you choose for your salad.
- 3Make Dressing: In a bowl, stir together avocado dip thawed, sour cream, green chilies, garlic and milk.
- 4Put more cheese on top of salad and then spread dressing over top so that an edge of the cheese shows.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and chill 2 hours-24 hours. Serve on a bed of coarsely crushed Fritos.
- 6Garnish top with 1 tablespoons chopped tomato, 1 teaspoons of sliced black olives and a sprinkle of green onion.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Mexican Salad
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.7
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 126.9 mg
- Sodium 1135.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen avocado dip
Fritos corn chips