Recipe by Sara 76
This is from Nourish magazine. I haven't tried it yet, but it just looks so yummy! Each serving gives you 2 full servings of fruit.
- 800 g watermelon, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 mangoes, finely chopped
- 2 pears, finely chopped
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and finely chopped
- 250 g strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
- 150 g blueberries (can be fresh or frozen')
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon rose essence
- 50 g pistachios, roughly chopped
- 400 g low-fat vanilla yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer fruits in a large serving bowl or individual glasses.
- Place vanilla, sugar, lemon zest, rosewater, and 1 1/2 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Allow to cool. Strain.
- Pour syrup over fruits and sprinkle with pistachios.
- Top each serving with a generous spoonful of yoghurt.