Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A Mexican dinner made easy in the crockpot.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 12 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro
- In large skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until browned and thoroghly cooked, stirring frequently, Drain. Stir in soup and chiles.
- Spray 3 1/2 or 4- quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Spread about 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce in bottom of slow cooker. Place 4 corn tortillas over sauce, overlapping and breaking in half as necessary to make an even layer. Top with 1/3 of beef mixture, spreading evenly. Drizzle with about 1/4 cup enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Repeat layering twice, using 3 corn tortillas and half of remaining beef mixture, enchilada sauce and cheese in each layer. Sprinkle paprika over top.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle individual servings with cilantro.
This was delicious. I will be preparing this one often. Thanks for posting. Prepared for PAC spring '08.
This tasted really really good. I didn't have the option of 4-5 hours on my crockpot, only 8 or 10 and so it cooked down a little mushy, but despite being mushy the flavor was wonderful. We used the hot enchilada sauce and I cut the montery cheese down to half to decrease the cals. Also used low fat soup. Great recipe, plan on making this one often! I didn't get the same "lasagna" flavor as teh other reviewer, thought it tasted pretty close to real baked enchiladas. We served with low fat sour cream and a little cilantro for garnish.
Very nice served with lettuce, tomato, carrot, Cheese etc salad. Similar to a lasagne. Will cook again