Light and packed with protein, this is easy! Adapted from Family Circle magazine. The Cobb salad was a signature menu item of the legendary Brown Derby in Hollywood, a landmark restaurant in Los Angeles, California. Variations of the salad are now served in restaurants world-wide.
- 6 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 lb grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (I use Fry Chick, vegetarian chicken)
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas (no need to defrost)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chunky blue cheese dressing (or ranch)
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits
- In the bottom of a 14 cup glass salad bowl or trifle dish, place the washed and sliced lettuce. Pack down tightly.
- On top of lettuce, neatly layer tomatoes, chicken, avocados, red onion, peas and cheddar cheese. Press down lightly.
- Spread the blue cheese dressing(or ranch) over the top. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Sprinkle the bacon bits on top just before serving. Enjoy!