This is a wonderful main coarse salad to feed 4-6 people. The dressing can be made well in advance and chilled, and will become stronger in flavor with refrigeration time. This is the perfect salad to serve at your next dinner party, not only is is the most delicious salad, it makes a beautiful presentation. If you are serving more than 4 people, I suggest to double or increase all ingredients and also the dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves (can use more)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional or to taste)
- 5 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and cut into thick strips)
- 2 -3 avocados
- 1 romaine lettuce (torn into pieces)
- 8 -10 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- 2 -3 large firm ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped (seeds removed)
- 4 -5 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled (can use feta cheese also)
- 4 -5 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Whisk together all dressing ingredients except the oil, then add in the oil in a small slow steady stream to emulsify, or prepare in a small food processor; set aside and refrigerate.
- 2For the salad: halve, pit and peel the avocados, then cut into about 1/2-inch cubes.
- 3In a large fancy see-through (8-quart) glass bowl, spread the romaine lettuce in the bottom of the bowl.
- 4Then top with strips of cooked chicken.
- 5Sprinkle chopped bacon over chicken.
- 6then continue layering with tomatoes, cucumbers, crumbled Roquefort, avocados and eggs (place the eggs all around the outside of the bowl).
- 7Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese or more Roquefort (or feta cheese) and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Chicken Cobb Salad
Serving Size: 1 (598 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1289.2
- Calories from Fat 962
- Total Fat 106.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 356.0 mg
- Sodium 1166.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 59.8 g