My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- additional grated parmesan cheese, if desired
- 1Cook noodles to desired doneness as directed on package; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in medium skillet over medium-high heat brown ground beef and 3/4 c.
- 3onions; drain.
- 4Add tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper; mix well.
- 5Reduce heat, simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Heat oven to 350.
- 7In medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, green onions, bell pepper and 1/2 c.
- 8Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- 9In ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking dish, layer half each of cooked noodles, meat sauce and cheese mixture; repeat layers.
- 10Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese over top.
- 11Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Cheese and Beef Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.8
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.4 mg
- Sodium 916.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 20.7 g