Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Layered Cheese and Beef Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- additional grated parmesan cheese, if desired
- Cook noodles to desired doneness as directed on package; drain.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet over medium-high heat brown ground beef and 3/4 c.
- onions; drain.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper; mix well.
- Reduce heat, simmer 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350.
- In medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, green onions, bell pepper and 1/2 c.
- Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- In ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking dish, layer half each of cooked noodles, meat sauce and cheese mixture; repeat layers.
- Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
I don't know exactly what it was, but we didn't really care for this. Too much of a cheesy flavor, not enough meat maybe? I may try it again with a little more ground beef and possibly a can of diced tomatoes for some more flavor. Thanks for the idea though. I'm going to try to play with it.
We really loved this recpipe the other night!!!! It is kind of like beef stroganoff with a tomato sauce but much better. We did omit the green pepper (didn't have any on hand). My mom made this recipe too because I was raving about it. She used the green pepper but they thought that they would cook the pepper with the beef next time. We really liked this recipe!!! It was easy and we had enough to freeze for another night. But that was only because we didn't need lunches the next day. We were both disappointed that we couldn't have it for lunch the next day. Thank you for an easy, tasty recipe!