Recipe by carolinafan
Top Review by jovigirl
I don't know exactly what it was, but we didn't really care for this. Too much of a cheesy flavor, not enough meat maybe? I may try it again with a little more ground beef and possibly a can of diced tomatoes for some more flavor. Thanks for the idea though. I'm going to try to play with it.
- 8 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- additional grated parmesan cheese, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles to desired doneness as directed on package; drain.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet over medium-high heat brown ground beef and 3/4 c.
- onions; drain.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper; mix well.
- Reduce heat, simmer 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350.
- In medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, green onions, bell pepper and 1/2 c.
- Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- In ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking dish, layer half each of cooked noodles, meat sauce and cheese mixture; repeat layers.
- Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.