Recipe by Jo in Arlington
This is REALLY good! Another type of lettuce, such as Red Leaf or Hearts of Romaine, also would work great in this salad version of the popular sandwich.
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 2 (16 ounce) packagesthick bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 plum tomatoes (sliced thin)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir first seven (7) ingredients until well blended.
- Layer lettuce, bacon and tomatoes in 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over top of tomatoes, sealing edge to dish.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle croutons on top and serve.