1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is an inexpensive but filling side dish that was served at Lawry's California Center before closing its doors. It's from "Dear S.O.S. Thirty Years of Recipe Requests to the Los Angeles Times". It isn't low cal by any means, but every dieter needs a day off once in a while--and this is a splurge that is worth every bite! Heck, I'll run an extra mile for this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute 1/2 cup onion until tender.
- 2Add tomatoes, seasoning mix, and chile salsa.
- 3Simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5Fry tortillas lightly in small amount of oil, just until soft.
- 6Pour 1/2 cup sauce into bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 7Arrange layer of 4 tortillas over sauce (tortillas can overlap).
- 8Top with 1/3 of remaining sauce, 1/3 of remaining onions, and 1/3 of cheese.
- 9Repeat layering procedure twice.
- 10Combine sour cream and seasoned salt, spread over cheese to edge of pan.
- 11Sprinkle lightly with seasoned pepper.
- 12Bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 13Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top South American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All South American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lawry's Sour Cream Tortilla Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.0
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 318.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: