Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cream can top cake, ice cream hot chocolate or eat alone. For Lavender Sugar With Vanilla Please go take a look at the Lavender Sugar With Vanilla for pictures.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Lavender Sugar with Vanilla use 2 Tbsp Recipe 101039
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lavender flowers
- 1 vanilla bean (optional)
- In a blender blend sugar till fine. Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Whip with standing or hand mixer or whisk until soft peaks form. Chill.
- For Lavender sugar.
- Place a cup of sugar in each (1 cup) jar along with 1 tablespoon lavender and divide the vanilla bean among some or all the jars.
- This is great as is but I put one jar of the mix into the vita mix to grind up the lavender and powdered the sugar. (Which is nice if you don`t want lavender buds in your baking. Or to add to a cup of comforting tea.)
- Let sit overnight.
- I did open in a couple hour and the aroma was just fabulous!
I dared myself to try this! I would not have thought lavender and whipped cream would work together - However, I was pleasantly surprised and now I wish I had made a little more. It does not have a strong "soapy" taste as I was afraid it might...it was gentle, "floral" in a good way, and nicely sweet. We had it with some shortbread and tea ~ very decadent.