Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from the net. It can also be found in the Victoria Pleasures of Tea by Kim Waller. The taste was a bit tame for me so I added more lavender to the mix. I also used 1/4 cup agave nectar instead of sugar and I used a mixture of lemon and lime juices because I like the taste of them together.I didn't include the cooling or freezing time in the preparation notes.
- In a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 cup water and the sugar. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring, and cook the syrup until it is clear. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup of the syrup with the lavender flowers and half the lemon juice. Slowly bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, cover, and let cool completely.
- Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups water. Add the remaining lemon juice if the mixture seems too sweet.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice-cream machine and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Let the sorbet stand in the refrigerator for 10 minutes before serving.
- Spoon into decorative ice cream dishes or stemmed glasses. Garnish with the fresh lavender flowers and serve immediately.
- Bon Appetit!