Prep 5 mins
Cook 336 hrs
An easy and stunning flavoured vodka to make at home. I always try to make a least one bottle when I harvest my fresh lavender, as it works so much better with fresh lavender rather than dried lavender. I sometimes add a couple of strips of orange peel for a more subtle and complex flavour. This lavender scented vodka is excellent in Martinis! Make sure your lavender is free of insects and pesticides, just give the stems a gentle shake outside before using. I have also used this lavender vodka in poached fruit, as well as a splashing some of over poached salmon - absolutley divine!
- Pour one bottle of vodka over a bunch of fresh lavender - I keep old and decorative bottles for this purpose! (Kilner jars are also good for this).
- Add the orange peel if using.
- Store in a dark and cool place - or in the fridge - for about 2 weeks before using.
- Ready to use when the vodka smells and tastes of lavender.
- Strain into a fresh bottle or jar and use for Martinis and simple vodka based cocktails.