1/3 Photos of Lavender Scented and Infused Vodka
336 hrs 5 mins
French Tart's Note:
An easy and stunning flavoured vodka to make at home. I always try to make a least one bottle when I harvest my fresh lavender, as it works so much better with fresh lavender rather than dried lavender. I sometimes add a couple of strips of orange peel for a more subtle and complex flavour. This lavender scented vodka is excellent in Martinis! Make sure your lavender is free of insects and pesticides, just give the stems a gentle shake outside before using. I have also used this lavender vodka in poached fruit, as well as a splashing some of over poached salmon - absolutley divine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour one bottle of vodka over a bunch of fresh lavender - I keep old and decorative bottles for this purpose! (Kilner jars are also good for this).
- 2Add the orange peel if using.
- 3Store in a dark and cool place - or in the fridge - for about 2 weeks before using.
- 4Ready to use when the vodka smells and tastes of lavender.
- 5Strain into a fresh bottle or jar and use for Martinis and simple vodka based cocktails.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Scented and Infused Vodka
Serving Size: 1 (709 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1637.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: