Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
From allrecipes. I did a vegetarian version of this and loved it! You can also use dried lavender flowers (a few teaspoons) in place of the fresh sprigs.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 12 sprigs fresh lavender
- 8 slices bacon
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place three sprigs of lavender on top of each chicken breast half.
- Wrap two slices of bacon around each piece of chicken, keeping the lavender inside. You can secure these with toothpicks, if desired.
- Place chicken into a shallow baking dish. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Position the baking dish on the top shelf in the preheated oven, and bake chicken for 20 minutes, turning once. Turn again so the lavender is on top, and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Continue baking 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and chicken juices run clear.
Yay! This is brilliant! Everyone but THE PICKY ONE loved it! I thought the cheese on top was going to be a little too much but it was great! I successfully used dried lavender. There was 1 breast left & I am eating it NOW for lunch. It's still fabulous - the bacon keeps the breast meat from drying out. Made for My 3 Chefs 6/08. I served this with French Potato Salad & Poireaux En Salade (Leeks Vinaigrette).