3 hrs 15 mins
This makes a very smooth, creamy, crustless and rich cake that is best served the day after it is made. This also freezes well. This is the plain version, feel free to add any fruit toppings of your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use only an 8 or 9 inch springform pan.
- 2Bring cheeses to room temperature before starting.
- 3Mix cheeses together.
- 4Gradually add sugar and blend well.
- 5Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Add vanilaa and lemon juice.
- 7Mix flour, and cornstarch with butter.
- 8Add to cheese mixture and blend until smooth.
- 9Fold in sour cream.
- 10Pour into buttered springform pan.
- 11DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN.
- 12Place pan on center rack in cold oven.
- 13Turn heat to 325.
- 14When temperature is reached bake for 1 hour.
- 15DO NOT OPEN DOOR.
- 16Turn oven off and leave in closed oven for 2 more hours.
- 17DO NOT OPEN OVEN UNTIL THE THREE HOURS ARE UP.
- 18When 3 hours are up, remove from oven and let cool until cake reaches room temperature.
- 19Refrigerate IN PAN, until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Laurie's Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.2
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 237.6 mg
- Sodium 322.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 16.0 g