Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you like capuccino cheesecake, which I love, you gotta try this lower calorie latte version cheesecake bars. They are so tasty. Cut them into triangles and serve them like cheesecake. WARNING: You must make this in a 13x9-inch pan or they don't cook right.
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F Combine all crust ingredients in small bowl. Break Graham crackers into broken pieces and put in a food processor, add cinnamon and melted butter. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Combine 2 tablespoons whipping cream and coffee granules in small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes or until coffee dissolves.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add coffee mixture, eggs and vanilla. Beat, scraping bowl often, just until combined. Pour over crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until center is nearly set. Cool on wire rack 1 hour.
- Place 1/3 cup whipping cream in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until whipping cream almost comes to a boil (1 minute). Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate until chocolate sets, about 1 hour. Cut into bars.
O.K....so these are absolutely fabulous as I knew they would be. How could you not have a good thing going w/coffee and creamcheese mixed. Fabulous blend of flavors. I did as you recommended and cut into triangles. They are very rich and so this was just the perfect size. Brought these for a work birthdayparty and they were a huge hit!!! Made for March Beverage Tag~
imade these kinda low fat iused chocolate graham crackers cinnamon and only 1/4 cup butter, then instead ogf heavy cream i used low fat milk light cream cheese splenda subsitute sugar 2 eggs for the topping i simply used sugarfree cholate sauce this saved alot of fat and calories i don't knoew what the final calorie count was, but the were real goodeie, goodie
These are delicious!!! I baked them up for a bridal shower. They went over very well. Even people that were not big coffee fans enjoyed them because of the great cheesecake taste. The only thing I would change is try to make more of the "topping". My topping was rather thing and I think it would be better if there was a little more. Great recipe! Thanks so much for sharing!!!