1/5 Photos of Latin Burgers With Caramelized Onion & Jalapeno Relish
1 hr 10 mins
Recipe is from Food Network. This is served with a red pepper mayonnaise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb ground sirloin
- 3/4 lb ground chuck
- 1/2 lb raw chorizo sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, finely sliced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup bottled jalapeno chile, sliced and drained
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 medium jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices oaxaca cheese or 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 hamburger buns
- 1To make the Latin Burgers:.
- 2In a large bowl, mix thoroughly by hand the ground beef, the chorizo, the adobo seasoning, the grated onion and the bread crumbs.
- 3Form the burgers into 6 patties without pressing them too much or they can become tough.
- 4Line a baking pan with waxed paper and put the burgers side-by-side in a single layer.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 6This will help the burgers hold together.
- 7If you make more than you need just separate with waxed paper and insert into a storage freezer bag for future use.
- 8To make the Caramelized Onion and Jalapeno Relish:.
- 9Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat.
- 10Add the onions and season with salt and pepper.
- 11Add the jalapeno chiles and the brown sugar.
- 12Saute for 15 minutes or until the onion and the chiles are caramelized and soft.
- 13Set aside.
- 14To make the Red Pepper Mayonnaise:.
- 15Drain the roasted red peppers and put them in a blender or food processor. Add the mayonnaise, and season with salt and pepper.
- 16Puree the mayonnaise and roasted red peppers until well combined and the mixture is smooth.
- 17NOTE: This may be done up to 2 days ahead of time, and in fact the flavor will be more complete with an overnight chilling.
- 18To cook the Latin Burgers:.
- 19Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan on the stove top over medium-high heat. Place the burgers on the hot grill or pan until cooked to desired doneness. Due to the raw chorizo in the recipe, at least medium-well is recommended, approximately 10 minutes on each side.
- 20In the last 5 minutes of cooking, top the burgers with the slices of cheese so it can melt.
- 21If your grill has a lid, putting it on briefly will help the cheese melt quickly and evenly.
- 22To serve: Spread about 1 tablespoon of the red pepper mayonnaise on both sides of the rolls.
- 23Lay a burger on the bottom halves, and top with a couple of spoonfuls of the caramelized onion and jalapeno relish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Latin Burgers With Caramelized Onion & Jalapeno Relish
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.9
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 115.7 mg
- Sodium 1030.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 37.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers