Recipe by mammamia #2
Mix of squash, red bell pepper, asparagus, and tomatoes is pretty and tasty. Takes some time to dice and slice, but worth it.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 yellow squash, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Stir in mushrooms, red bell pepper, asparagus, and squash, and season with salt, pepper, thyme, and paprika. Saute 1-2 minutes.
- Cover, lower heat; cook stirring occasionally until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Remove cover, raise temp to medium, and cook until liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in tomatoes.and heat briefly.
- To make a one-dish meal, you can add cooked diced chicken, turkey, or ham.