Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Pears, peaches and plums get together in a shortcake to celebrate the end of summer/beginning of fall.
- 2 large pears
- 1 -2 peach (according to size)
- 2 medium plums (preferably red)
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisin
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 4 ounces sliced almonds, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, crushed slightly
- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits (you need 8 little or 4 big ones)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Reynolds Wrap Foil (4 pieces)
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped with
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or can of prepared cream)
- Preheat your oven to 425:.
- Peel the fruit, removing seeds, cores, and stems.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup, Cut all the fruit up to about 1” size.
- Roll the lemon along the counter for a minute or two so more juice.
- Cut the lemon in half, and add 1TBS juice to the fruit.
- Add 1TBS honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and crush the rosemary as you add it. Add the raisins, and ¼ cup almonds.
- Let this mixture sit while you prepare the shortbread recipe.
- Soften the cream cheese in a bowl the microwave for about 20-30 seconds. Add 1 TBS honey, and the other ¼ cup almonds.
- Lay out the foil and put the biscuits on the foil so there will be a serving on each. Using a spoon and a knife spread the cream cheese mixture on each biscuit- dividing evenly among them. Add ½ cup of the fruit mixture on top of each biscuit.
- Take the top edges of the foil and put together, then fold/roll to close. Do the same with the ends to have 4 foil “packages.” Put the packages on a cookie sheet and then into the oven.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until the fruit mixture is bubbling and any cream cheese has been incorporated.