Recipe by Bergy
Great lasagna - the eggplant gives it a wonderful flavor. I use lots of garlic and jalapenos but that is up to you
Top Review by echo echo
I made this I think over a year ago with a low-sodium spaghetti sauce (I forget the brand). So sorry I forgot to review it then. I don't remember the specifics, but I remember that it was delicious. I'll make it some time again when I'm not dieting.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lamb
- 2 Japanese eggplants or 1 small eggplant, skin removed, chopped and drained on paper towels for 1/2 hour
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 3 jalapenos, chopped (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (680 ml) canof prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 cooked a'la dente lasagna noodles
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground lamb in a skillet, drain.
- Add vegetables and herbs.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce& water.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- In a 9x13 lightly greased oven proof dish spread a thin layer of sauce.
- Top with 3 lasagne noodles.
- APour over 1/4 of the sauce.
- Top with 3 more noodles and add more sauce.
- Add finale 3 noodles& pour in the remaining sauce.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake uncovered in 350 degrees F oven for 40 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.