Recipe by nagelsc
This is highly adaptable to a vegetarian dish. The almond ricotta is delicious and nutritious! I make one veggie and one turkey at the same time.
- 32 ounces tomato sauce, Jar of your favorite
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese (made from almonds ( Vegan Almond Ricotta Cheese or Dip)
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Put tomato sauce, garlic and ground turkey in crock pot and mix well. Cook on high 4 hours or low 6 hours. You could easily cook this on the stove to save time, but it comes out so tender and delicious in the crock pot.
- Mix ricotta cheese with egg.
- Mix shredded cheese.
- Cook lasagna noodles until el dente, drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Layer in a 9X13 glass baking dish:.
- sauce just enough to barely cover bottom.
- one layer of noodles.
- 1/3 of cheese.
- 1/3 of sauce.
- 1/3 of shredded cheese mix.
- End with sauce and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 45 min to 1 hour at 350°F.