Ms. DMAC's Note:
I saw this on an episode of "Barefoot Contessa" and tried it for myself. It is the best. I do make variations on her recipe though.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (1 onion)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet Italian sausage (casings removed)
- 1.5 (1 lb) jars Ragu sundried tomato and sweet basil pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 lb lasagna noodle (Barilla no-boil)
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 -4 ounces creamy goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
- 1 extra-large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a large (10 to 12-inch) skillet. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes over medium-low heat, until translucent.
- 3Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- 4Add the sausage and cook over medium-low heat, breaking it up with a fork, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- 5Add the Jar of Ragu Sundried Tomato & Sweet Basil Pasta Sauce Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat, for 15 to 20 minutes, until thickened.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, goat cheese, 1 cup of Parmesan, the egg, the remaining 2 tablespoons of parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- 7Ladle 1/3 of the sauce into a 9 by 12 by 2-inch rectangular baking dish, spreading the sauce over the bottom of the dish. Then add the layers as follows: half the pasta, half the mozzarella, half the ricotta, and one third of the sauce. Add the rest of the pasta, mozzarella, ricotta, and finally, sauce. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of Parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna With Goat Cheese from Ina Garten
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.0
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 146.8 mg
- Sodium 1195.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 45.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ragu sundried tomato and sweet basil pasta sauce