Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a tasty dish after a long day. Reheats and freezes well also.
- 1 (12 ounce) package pasta shells
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese or 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups fat free mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Maenwhile in large skillet brown ground turkey with onions and garlic; drain off excess fat.
- Stir in sauce and simmer 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove 1 cup meat sauce; set aside.
- Stir cooked pasta into the remaining sauce.
- Place 1/2 of pasta mixture in 2-qt.
- Combine ricotta cheese with parsley; evenly spread on top of mixture in casserole.
- Spirnkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Place remaining pasta mixture on top of cheese; cover with reserved meat sauce and remining mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Cover and bake 20- 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Makes 6 servings.