Recipe by AmandaT143
If you like ricotta cheese, you will love this recipe. I put a twist on the traditional lasagna dish. For this recipe instead of meat as in a lasagna, i used mushrooms and it came out perfect, but if you don't like mushrooms you can definitely substitute with your favorite meat. This recipe tastes absolutely terrific and it is a fairly simple dinner to make.
- 1 (32 ounce) jar ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 lbs mafalda pasta
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1 cup of hot pasta water
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water for pasta, be sure to add salt before adding the pasta.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the full jar of ricotta cheese and the parmesan cheese and add some salt and pepper.
- Once the noodles are cooked, reserve 1 cup of the starchy hot pasta water and then strain.
- Gradually add the pasta water to the cheese mixture, you may not use all of the water, just add enough to make the mixture nice and creamy and melted.
- Toss the noodles into the cheese mixture.
- Spread the noodles and cheese mixture into a baking dish.
- Evenly spread the tomato sauce and mushrooms over the top. Then add the parsley.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and hot and bubbly.
- Then serve.