If you like ricotta cheese, you will love this recipe. I put a twist on the traditional lasagna dish. For this recipe instead of meat as in a lasagna, i used mushrooms and it came out perfect, but if you don't like mushrooms you can definitely substitute with your favorite meat. This recipe tastes absolutely terrific and it is a fairly simple dinner to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water for pasta, be sure to add salt before adding the pasta.
- 2In a mixing bowl, mix the full jar of ricotta cheese and the parmesan cheese and add some salt and pepper.
- 3Once the noodles are cooked, reserve 1 cup of the starchy hot pasta water and then strain.
- 4Gradually add the pasta water to the cheese mixture, you may not use all of the water, just add enough to make the mixture nice and creamy and melted.
- 5Toss the noodles into the cheese mixture.
- 6Spread the noodles and cheese mixture into a baking dish.
- 7Evenly spread the tomato sauce and mushrooms over the top. Then add the parsley.
- 8Top with mozzarella cheese and bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and hot and bubbly.
- 9Then serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna-Like Pasta Dish
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1103.0
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 252.1 mg
- Sodium 1457.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 57.6 g