Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted due to a request. This sounds really interesting. I love both chili and lasagna. How can this miss??
- 1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce (canned or homemade)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked pasta, nuggets preferably radatore
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat a 4 QT pot or casserole pan heat on medium.
- Cook sausage with onion and garlic.
- Cook till done (8-10 minutes) and drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce, broth and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta.
- Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 7 minutes.
- Stir zucchini into chili and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir basil into soup, if desired.