Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 12 mins
I got this from Emeril. It looked so good on tv I printed the recipe off the internet and here it is.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 6 slice bacon, diced
- 113.39 g ham, diced
- 226.79 g ground veal or 226.79 g ground pork (or 1/4 pound of each)
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 354.88 ml chopped onions
- 118.29 ml finely chopped carrot
- 118.29 ml finely chopped celery
- 113.39 g thinly sliced mushroom
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 0.25 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 44.37 ml tomato paste
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 709.77 ml chicken stock
- 7.39 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 4 chicken livers, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml chopped parsley
- 680.38 g fresh spinach pasta
- 236.59 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 88.74 ml butter
- 88.74 ml flour
- 1064.65 ml milk
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- In a large pot heat the butter over medum high heat.
- Add the bacon and ham and saute until caramelized and light brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the ground meats and cook over high heat until well-browned, stirring constantly, about 20 minutes.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, and mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cloves and nutmeg to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until almost evaporated.
- Add stock and simmer over medium high heat until sauce is thickened and flavorful and flovorful, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the chicken livers to the pot and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and parsley, and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Set aside until ready to assemble lasagna.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a large rectangular baking dish, then spoon 1/2 cup of meat sauce onto the bottom of the dish.
- Cover with 1 sheet of fresh pasta.
- Top the lasagna with a layer of meat sauce (making certain that pasta is completely covered), a layer of bechamel, then a light dusting of cheese.
- Repeat layering lasagna, sauces, and cheese in this manner until all have been used, ending with a topping of bechamel and cheese.
- Bake until the lasagna is bubbling and golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Bechamel: In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat and stir in the flour, stirring constantly until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk the milk into the flour, stirring vigorously to blend together.
- Set over high heat and quickly bring to a boil for 1 minute, stirring.
- Allow to cook another 5 minutes, or until floury taste is gone.
- Remove from heat and add salt and nutmeg to taste.