1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My husband and his parents love tapioca. Every time they visit I make a batch. Large pearl tapioca can be hard to find in a grocery store (it's one of those time consuming things to cook) but I find them in Asian grocery stores.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring milk to a boil in a double boiler over simmering water.
- 2Add salt and tapioca to milk.
- 3Stirring constantly, cook tapioca in double boiler for 1 hour or until tapioca is clear and milk is thickened.
- 4Beat egg whites with 1/2 cup sugar until firm peaks, set aside.
- 5Beat yolks with remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- 6Temper yolks with some of the hot custard.
- 7Stir tempered yolks into hot custard, cook over double boiler an additional 15 minutes.
- 8Stir in vanilla.
- 9Remove from heat and gently fold in egg whites.
- 10Pour tapioca into a serving bowl, cover and chill.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Large Pearl Tapioca Pudding (AKa Eyeball Pudding)
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.4
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 165.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 6.6 g