Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's a different meal, easy to make, very nice and tasty.
- 1⁄2 kg lamb liver
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup frying oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef stock powder (in the water)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (sweet)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 100 g noodles
- 2 teaspoons sauerkraut
- Clean liver and remove outer membrane with figers (that will make it soft).
- Cut liver in slices of 1 centimeter (1/2 inch).
- In a plastic bag place the flour with sliced livers and shake, remove livers and shake off excess flour.
- In a frying pan, pour the oil and in medium heat fry livers about 1 minute on each side, set aside on a towel paper to drain oil.
- In a frying pot fry onion, garlic and peppers till onion is soft, add stock with the rest of the ingredients (except noodles and sauerkraut), bring to boil, reduce heat to medium add fried livers and cook for about 5 minutes or until livers are soft (If sauce needs to be thickened add in a 1/4 cup of water 1tspoon of corn flour,add it to sauce and let cook for another minute or two).
- In a pot boil noodles (normaly takes about 5 minutes-- check instructions on package) remove and drain in a colander.
- In the same pot or wok, pour 1Tspoon of oil, heat till starts smoking add noddles with sauerkraut fry for about 5 minutes.
- Serve fry lamb with noodles and pour sauce on top.
- If you don't like noodles they can be replaced by mashed potatoes.