Recipe by Bergy
A nice variation to lamb. You can use regular marmalade but it sweetens the taste.
Top Review by JustJanS
I cooked this with the "wrong" marmalade, so found it to be a bit sweet, so I added the rind of a lemon to it too, which toned down the sweetness a bit. It was quick and tasty, and very rich, but I will try to get the bitter marmalade and do it again.
- 2 lbs boneless lamb, cut into 3/4 " cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups bitter orange marmalade (available in specialty shops)
- 3 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter, over moderate heat, in a large saucepan, add the onions& garlic.
- Cook until just beginning to brown-5 minutes.
- Add the lamb and cook until browned lightly 8-10 minutes.
- Add the marmalade, vinegar, mint, salt& cayenne.
- Cook, stirring once in a while, covered for about 20 minutes.
- Season to taste.