Recipe by Terese
This is one of the tastiest lamb shank recipes I've ever tasted. The cranberry sauce adds a lovely sweetness to the dish, but not too sweet.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 lamb shanks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 275 g whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 160oC. Heat oil in a heavy based ovenproof dish over high heat. Cook shanks in batches for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until brown on all sides. Remove to a plate.
- Melt butter in pan until sizzling, add flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and slowly add stock, wine and cranberry sauce. Season with salt and pepper and return to heat and bring to the boil. Add lamb, garlic and rosemary.
- Cover dish, transfer to oven and bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Remove lid and bake for a further 20-30 minutes or until shanks are tender.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans.