Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Mark Bittman's NY Times column. Fast and original. I now keep frozen ground lamb in my freezer for a great fast meal. Prep time is a huge guess.
- Chop or crush tomatoes.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook onion until translucent.
- Boil water for pasta.
- Add lamb to onion, breaking up clumps. Cook until no longer red, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to lamb and onions. Simmer.
- (This is where you can stop and freeze for a couple of weeks or keep covered in fridge for a few days. If you do this, reheat and then continue from here.).
- Boil pasta (I think fresh would be good, too).
- Add cream, or half-and-half or milk to lamb/tomato pan. Salt and pepper as needed. Cook until sauce is thick, but not dry.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce some cheese. Serve extra cheese at the table.