Recipe by Veiled Princess
This is an adaptation of a dish my husband cooks from Libya. As with all my recipes.... adapt it to your own tastes... add a little of this or leave out a little of that.... use a little more of this or a little less of that until you find how you like it. If you like HOT stuff I bet this would be good with some peppers but I wouldn't have a clue which kind would compliment it best.
- 1 lb lamb, cut up
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large sauce pan and add garlic.
- Brown the lamb all over and then add the tomato and onion and toss around a bit more.
- Add all the other ingredients and stir well before covering with water.
- Allow to boil for a while (maybe 20 minutes) and then you can turn down on low-medium to a slow rolling boil to cook the sauce down (maybe another 30 minutes or more).
- When the sauce is a little thick (not like paste but not water either) it should be done.
- Be sure to check the lamb to make sure it's done in the middle before you stop cooking it.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles and top it with a little parmesian cheese OR over rice or couscous.