1 hr 10 mins
Veiled Princess's Note:
This is an adaptation of a dish my husband cooks from Libya. As with all my recipes.... adapt it to your own tastes... add a little of this or leave out a little of that.... use a little more of this or a little less of that until you find how you like it. If you like HOT stuff I bet this would be good with some peppers but I wouldn't have a clue which kind would compliment it best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in large sauce pan and add garlic.
- 2Brown the lamb all over and then add the tomato and onion and toss around a bit more.
- 3Add all the other ingredients and stir well before covering with water.
- 4Allow to boil for a while (maybe 20 minutes) and then you can turn down on low-medium to a slow rolling boil to cook the sauce down (maybe another 30 minutes or more).
- 5When the sauce is a little thick (not like paste but not water either) it should be done.
- 6Be sure to check the lamb to make sure it's done in the middle before you stop cooking it.
- 7Serve over spaghetti noodles and top it with a little parmesian cheese OR over rice or couscous.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb in Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 503.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 19.0 g