Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From CULINARIA SPAIN & recipe editor Ingeborg Pils, this special recipe is said to be native to the Balearic Islands off the coast of Spain where *fresh and simple* described the secret of the cuisine. They certainly succeed in this unbelievably simple to prepare, elegant to serve & flavored to perfection recipe using 2 of my favorite ingredients - lamb & garlic. *Enjoy*
- 8 (4 ounce) lamb chops (or cutlets, ea weighing approx 4 oz)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 24 garlic cloves
- 2 ounces red wine
- Rinse & clean lamb chops (or cutlets), pat dry, season w/salt & pepper & set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Fry garlic cloves till just starting to caramelize a golden brown & remove from skillet using a slotted spoon.
- In the same skillet, fry lamb chops (or cutlets) on both sides in the oil (The meat should be slightly pink in the center when cooked & cook time will vary w/the thickness of the meat, so take care not to overcook).
- Remove chops (or cutlets) to a warmed platter & pour off any excess olive oil in the skillet.
- De glaze the pan drippings w/2 oz red wine & briefly return the garlic cloves to the pan to rewarm slightly in the juices.
- Ladle the pan juices & garlic cloves over the lamb chops (or cutlets) & serve immediately.
Very simple and very yummy. I used about a head of garlic and doubled the wine so that there was lots of sauce. Delicious. Thanks twissis for another keeper.
My prep time was nearly 40 minutes as that is what it took to peel and slice the garlic cloves (nearly 2 heads of garlic) but it was oh so worth it and we all enjoyed immensely, I did use a dry white wine and will take lazyme's advice and double it next time. Thank you twissis, made for Newest ZAAR tag game under 24 hour rule.
I liked this dish. It was extremely fast and easy to prepare, which was nice, especially for an evening when you are low on time, as there is almost no prep work to be done. I also love all of the ingredients in this dish. However, I found the end product to be rather unremarkable. I thought it was definitely worth a try and I liked it, but probably would not make it again.