Recipe by twissis
From CULINARIA SPAIN & recipe editor Ingeborg Pils, this special recipe is said to be native to the Balearic Islands off the coast of Spain where *fresh and simple* described the secret of the cuisine. They certainly succeed in this unbelievably simple to prepare, elegant to serve & flavored to perfection recipe using 2 of my favorite ingredients - lamb & garlic. *Enjoy*
- 8 (4 ounce) lamb chops (or cutlets, ea weighing approx 4 oz)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 24 garlic cloves
- 2 ounces red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse & clean lamb chops (or cutlets), pat dry, season w/salt & pepper & set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Fry garlic cloves till just starting to caramelize a golden brown & remove from skillet using a slotted spoon.
- In the same skillet, fry lamb chops (or cutlets) on both sides in the oil (The meat should be slightly pink in the center when cooked & cook time will vary w/the thickness of the meat, so take care not to overcook).
- Remove chops (or cutlets) to a warmed platter & pour off any excess olive oil in the skillet.
- De glaze the pan drippings w/2 oz red wine & briefly return the garlic cloves to the pan to rewarm slightly in the juices.
- Ladle the pan juices & garlic cloves over the lamb chops (or cutlets) & serve immediately.