Recipe by SueVM
A local restaurant recipe. Not that they gave me this recipe out of the goodness of their hearts I purchased a book quite a few years ago called "The best of the tastes of Tahoe" by Sonnie Imes which I am sure you can find on Amazon.com if anyone is interested. All the local restaurants in the area got together and gave some of their recipes to contribute to the book.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon anchovy fillet, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds (lightly toasted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground beef, grated cheese, anchovys, egg, grated onion, salt, pepper, lemon juice and worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl. Shape into 4 hamburger patties.
- BBQ for 5 to 6 minutes each side or no longer pink in the center. Place over the warm/toasted sesame seed hamburger buns.
- Serve with thick cut chips (steak fries) and a side salad or coleslaw/potato salad.