Recipe by spin_dog
Dairy Free Oatmeal Cookie to help boost milk supply in breastfeeding mothers. But healthy for the whole family! Dairy Free or not dairy free, your choice. You can find all the ingredients at a health food store or online. I use hemp seeds in my recipe instead of flax like some popular cookies, because flax is not supposed to be heated as it releases free radicals if so. Flexible Ingredients, But Tasty!! Xxx
- 4 tablespoons margarine (Earth balance or Becel Vegan is best options)
- 1 tablespoon oil (light olive oil, hazelnut oil, coconut oil, etc. -your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk substitute such as almond milk, hemp milk, oat milk, this is optional for a slightly softer cookie
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves, - (optional)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup steel cut oats
- 1⁄2 cup trail mix, of your choice (or Granola)
- 2 -3 tablespoons hemp seeds (shelled)
- 2 -3 tablespoons brewer's yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.Lightly Grease cookie Sheet, set oven at 350F/180°C.
- 2.Cream the margarine and sugar in large mixing brown until light and fluffy.
- 3. Gradually add beaten egg, beating well (or mixing on high) after each addition.
- Add the Oil, Mix. Add the Milk substitute if you choose,Mix.
- 4.Add the flour, salt, brewers yeast ,and baking powder in to the creamed mixture. Mix together gently. Add the Rolled oats, Mix. Add the steal cut oats and trail mix/granola. Mix together thoroughly. Batter will be thick.
- 5.Spoon them on to the cookie sheets. (Makes about a dozen).
- 6.Bake at 350F/180C for 14-15min.
- 7. Let cookies cool slightly before removing or they will break :).
- 8.Store in air-tight container.