Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have taken a little from my great grandmothers recipe, my grandmothers recipe and my mothers recipe for oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies. I have modified to my tastes and believe i have a pretty darn good recipe
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk (plus overspill a few drops)
- 3 tablespoons vanilla (plus a bit of overspill)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder (plus a bit)
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 (300 g) packageyour favorite chocolate chips
- Mix the margarine and sugars together until blended.
- Add the Eggs and thoroughly mix.
- Pour in the Milk and the Vanilla until evenly distibuted throughout mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until evenly blended.
- I do this using a fork.
- Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (depending on your oven, and only you know how hot it is).
- Watch your cookies and as soon as you see the bottoms turn golden brown take them out and set on cooling rack for 4 minutes.